WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Lead with Jake Tapper seeks a creative, dynamic and experienced producer to work with the entire editorial team generating story ideas, reporting information and producing content for CNN's premiere late-afternoon news and political analysis program.
- Responsibilities would include a variety of important editorial tasks based on the needs of the program each day.
- The producer may be called upon to work with correspondents to script and produce tape "packages"; to pitch, shoot and edit unique tape pieces for Jake Tapper, the program's anchor, or to plan and execute live segments, including pre-interviewing guests and scripting questions for compelling live interviews.
- This producer would need strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to making news headlines.
- The producer must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment.
- Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas and fresh angles on continuing stories.
- The position requires a nimble journalist interested in breaking news, with knowledge of international relations, domestic politics and news of day.
- In addition to day-to-day editorial responsibilities, this producer may be called on to travel for short periods of time to produce stories in the field.
- 6+ years experience in national or major media markets is required, with preference given to those with a background in network or cable news production.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- The position requires keen news judgment, a love of journalism and an extensive knowledge of basic television news production - including the ability to use non-linear editing software, an understanding of what makes a strong VO and the ability to write clear, concise and urgent scripts.
- Control room experience is preferred and a strong interest in politics and news stories related to the federal government is essential.
- Applicants must be calm under pressure, excel when faced with a deadline and thrive on the chaos that comes with working in a network newsroom.
- A successful candidate for the position will be a critical and strategic thinker who is creative, possess strong organizational skills and can act independently without continual oversight.
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Must be able to travel
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org