The Development Officer will work closely with and support the Senior Director for Development and Communications, to implement Relief International’s private fundraising plan. You will primarily be responsible for cultivating a portfolio of individual donors giving between $500-$25,000 to encourage repeat donations and increased giving levels. Including providing support to developing high-quality proposals for major donors.
Working as part of a small but highly ambitious and productive team, the Development Officer will have plenty of support, but will also be encouraged to develop their own ideas and to manage their own work. Working in a fast-paced, challenging, and intellectually stimulating work environment, the Development Officer will play an important role in supporting Relief International’s existing development efforts.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage a portfolio of existing individual donors and take steps to grow these to become a longer-term income stream;
- To provide excellent donor care such as writing thank you letters, responding to queries, speaking and meeting with donors.
- Develop powerful cases of support, in order to create persuasive fundraising collateral;
- Develop high quality and compelling proposals and applications for major donors applications;
- Prepare high-quality reports to donors and contribute to grant evaluations;
- Help to connect existing and new supporters to the work of Relief International, inspiring them to contribute financially;
- Oversee Prospect research into new donors by Development Associate and Development intern;
- Contribute to department planning, bringing new ideas for inspiring our supporters;
- To support the coordination of fundraising appeals, campaigns and events;
- To lead on the production of fundraising materials with support from communication and development team members for newsletters, direct mailings, appeals, and events (virtual and in-person).
Donation Administration Oversight:
- Work with Development Associate to be sure that the donor database is up-to-date, accurate and work to improve data quality;
- Directing the Development Associate to run reports from the database that provides key information to the team on where to invest our time in donor cultivation to yield return.
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least two years’ demonstrable experience in fundraising;
- Proven experience of successfully engaging people with a cause and motivating giving;
- Experience of building excellent relationships with external stakeholders, and a desire to engage in front-line fundraising;
- Experience of positive collaborative working with internal stakeholders;
- Experience of developing and writing high-quality funding proposals and report writing is desirable but not required.
- Exemplary verbal and written presentation skills with a talent for expressing complex ideas in simple and effective language both verbally and in writing;
- Creative and able to produce engaging written and visual communications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in engaging with people;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload;
- Numerate with a basic understanding of financial accounts.
- Collaborative, inclusive, and team-driven;
- Patient listener, likable, diplomatic, and engaging;
- Awareness of the needs of others and flexible to respond;
- A passion for the work of Relief International and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization’s impact.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability;
- Agility and innovation;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org