Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a Program Officer to remotely manage one of its programs with beneficiaries in Afghanistan. The PO will be based in EF’s Washington DC office as a member of EF’s Innovative Training Solutions team and will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day implementation of the program in close coordination with the Afghan partner. The PO will direct the overall goals of the program, devise strategies for program implementation, and work to ensure the project team in the field remains focused on achieving programmatic objectives in line with donor priorities.
• Monitor the program’s activities towards desired outcomes, and make informed decisions to revise strategies if necessary;
• Recruit, train, and manage program staff and consultants and ensure quality control;
• Provide ongoing management of the field-based team;
• Oversee program’s in-person training delivery as well as virtual presence of the program, and online activities
• Budget tracking, donor reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
• Review scopes of work and contract specifications for field-based contractors; and monitor deliverables;
• Draft, edit, and finalize quality progress reports on quarterly basis.
• Master’s degree in women studies, social science, political science, international relations, training, economic development, or other related areas required;
• Candidates must be experienced in project planning and have at least 2 years of prior managerial experience in Afghanistan;
• Experience in advocacy and women empowerment projects is a plus;
• Experience in educational projects and online training is a plus;
• Exceptional research, and communications skills;
• Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
• Fluency in English and Farsi/Dari is required;
• Excellent written skills required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with PO-ITS in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org