Bloomberg Government provides up-to-the minute news on legislative, regulatory, and policy developments – along with comprehensive directories to help you connect with policymakers and influencers.
We are looking to hire an innovative journalist who has a knack for Excel, interest in federal government data and a legit eye for design.
- Work alongside our daily news team to produce stories and original digital features that inform and delight our audiences.
- Help lead major newsroom projects through editing congressional lawmaker biographies and producing visual explainers on government policy topics.
- Seek out opportunities to use charts and data visualizations to both complement or replace traditional text stories.
- You also will have opportunities to pitch ideas for videos and podcasts.
- Have exceptional curiosity and news judgment to unpack complicated legal and government actions, and then to help reporters make them interesting.
- Demonstrate excellent editing, writing and design skills.
- Be highly collaborative and show the ability to manage change, influence others in the newsroom, and communicate with reporters and editors of various backgrounds and experience levels.
- Have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, along with the ability to juggle multiple projects/stories while meeting tight newsroom deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who sets high standards and leads by personal example.
- Have excellent project management and organization skills.
- Be well versed in Excel and presenting complicated data.
- Have a strong knowledge of data visualization tools and best practices.
- Three-plus years of professional journalism experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org