The Department of Political Science and The National Counterterrorism, Innovation, Technology, and Education (NCITE) Center at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) seek a faculty candidate for a tenure-track faculty position in Political Science. The anticipated start date is August 2021.
At the time of hire, candidates should:
• Have a Ph.D. in Political Science, or a closely related field
• Have interests in and a demonstrated capacity to teach introductory and advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in-person and online in any of the following subfields: International Relations, Comparative Politics, American Politics or Political Methodology.
• Have expertise in the areas that include (but are not limited to) countering and preventing terrorism, domestic and/or international violent extremist groups, radicalization, applied intelligence studies, big data analytics, critical infrastructure and risk analysis
• Actively work and excel in applied and extramurally-funded research in the homeland security and defense domains
• Be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus.
We seek an individual dedicated to excellence in teaching and research programs, and committed to working effectively with undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds. The search is open with regard to methodological orientation but we strongly encourage applications from candidates employing and teaching innovative approaches ranging from ethnography and participant observation to advanced quantitative and/or experimental methods.
The successful candidate is expected to develop a research project on Homeland Security for the NCITE Center within their first year. As this position is part of a cluster-hire initiative for our newly designated Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence in Terrorism Prevention and Counterterrorism Research, successful candidates will be expected to collaborate with other faculty across the University of Nebraska to develop and maintain extramurally funded research program and productive collaborations with government partners. Other duties include mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, and providing departmental, university, and professional service. Engagement with the Omaha security community to develop employment and internship opportunities for political science students is a must.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org