Meridian is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Associate Director of Corporate Relations to develop and execute a strategy to increase corporate engagement and the growth of the Meridian Corporate Council.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Corporate Affairs, the Associate Director of Corporate Relations with the Corporate Relations team within the External Affairs division at large to identify new corporate donor prospects and build upon Meridian’s corporate engagement program.
The successful Associate Director will have front-line corporate donor fundraising experience in a non-profit organization, experience raising gifts at the $25,000+ level, and stakeholder engagement and retention. Familiarity with corporations with global corporate social responsibility initiatives, international relations, and international trade issues preferred. The Associate Director of Corporate Relations reports to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs.
- Identify new corporate donor prospects at the $25,000 level and above to build a robust pipeline of donor prospects for Meridian’s corporate engagement program
- Personally cultivate, solicit, close Meridian’s corporate donors and prospects, in conjunction with the Vice President of Corporate Affairs and the Senior Management Team
- Manage and steward a portfolio of corporate donors with specific annual goals and objectives, communicating and engaging regularly (through in person meetings/calls/emails) to ensure continued financial support and partnership
- Draft solicitations, proposals, concept notes and other materials in support of solicitation efforts; synthesize companies needs with Meridian programs and turn abstract partnership concepts into clear and accessible language
- Support corporate events as needed by identifying and confirming high level speakers and relevant topical themes to the corporate community, building an audience of interested stakeholders, etc.
- Support administrative needs as needed including database management/donor pipeline tracking, financial processing
- Support communication functions as needed including developing collateral, e-newsletters, digital/social media content
- Forge and maintain relationships with key strategic players in the private sector/CSR community, to maintain a financial acumen/presence in all corporate development initiatives.
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, International Relations or related field required
- 7+ years of job-related experience working with corporate membership/partnership programs or business development for non-profits, associations or other organizations
- Confident and accomplished front-line fundraising experience and a proven ability to identify, engage, solicit and close corporate donors independently
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of complex international business issues including trade
- Demonstrated network of strong relationships in the corporate government/international affairs community
- Ability to develop and deliver strong presentations (verbally and written) to persuade high-level audiences
- Interest in working at a mission-driven organization that connects business with government and diplomatic leaders to collaborate on global challenges
- Experience working with CRM databases, specifically Salesforce
- Experience in planning substantive, policy-based issue discussion events
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge of finance, marketing and business development function who can influence others by building trust
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, including building strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills and the ability to communicate strategic plans to the team and others.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the enterprise in an extremely complex organization.
- Ability to gain internal respect and build consensus.
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA exempt
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org