The Senior Program Officer for Economic Development and Health will provide support with the implementation of an international agricultural development program in Venezuela, including in reporting, logistical planning, sub-recipient monitoring and management, and monitoring and evaluation. This position reports to the Director of Economic Development and Health.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide general backstopping and programmatic support as needed;
- Ensure delivery of project deliverables, including annual reports and work plans;
- Provide technical assistance to sub-award recipients as needed, including on strategic plan development, staff development, funding strategies, agricultural development technical topics, methodologies for impact monitoring and data collection, strategies for producer organizational strengthening, volunteer support, and value chain analyses;
- Conduct spot checks on sub-awardees to ensure programmatic and financial compliance;
- Support communications and outreach efforts, including social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment, process information quickly, and balance priorities in a timely and professional manner;
- 3-5 years of experience in international development, with field experience preferred; and
- Experience with international agricultural development program management preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Moscarelli at [email protected]. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org