CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Membership, Outreach and Communication Team as the press officer of CONCORD.
The purpose of this role is to work together with the Communications Coordinator in order to increase CONCORD’s visibility & profile and to promote CONCORD’s messages towards our external stakeholders (EU institutions, media and journalists, partners and allies) and engage CONCORD’s communication community.
You will work together with the Communications coordinator to implement and monitor all CONCORD communications in alignment with our vision, strategy and values.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead on media work by building relationships with key Brussels-based journalists.
- Draft, edit and produce blogs, press releases, opinion pieces for the EU and international media.
- Brief journalists on CONCORD topics.
- Ghostwrite blogposts for the Director.
- Support the implementation of the communication strategy.
- Develop content and innovative tools related to the Confederation’s topics and adapt them according to the communication channel (images, social media sets, video and written).
- Together with the Communications Coordinator act as the guardian of CONCORD’s branding; maintain and implement a coherent editorial style and tone for the Confederation, and strengthen the public image of CONCORD.
- Together with the Communications Coordinator monitor the impact of CONCORD’s communications (social media and media).
- Support members engagement in the confederation work using communication tools, newsletters mainly.
- Support the Comms Coordinator in the development of CONCORD’s publications (including CONCORD’s Annual Report) which will include planning, some writing and editing, taking care of layout and design plus all contact with printers and distributors.
- Support the organisation of certain events and activities, such as the General Assembly.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals and be able to contribute to CONCORD’s ambition to pursue a transformational agenda at EU level.
- Academic background or professional experience in the development and/or human rights sector.
- Proven writing and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of social media and online communication channels.
- Good understanding of EU policy-making and influencing processes and strategies.
- Interest in and good knowledge of EU politics and processes including issues pertaining to sustainable development.
- Competence with standard Office software, Adobe tools, and Wordpress.
- At least 5 years of professional experience (excluding internships) in communication work.
- Experience working for a civil society, membership or other purpose-driven organisation.
- Experience in drafting and revising texts (e.g. press releases) under time pressure.
- Experience as a journalist is welcome.
- Experience in publication and design and in managing social media, is desirable.
- Familiar with the EU media landscape and with sustainable development issues.
- Passion for writing.
- Good presentation skills applicable to both internal and external events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including tactful and effective facilitation skills to build consensus.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines.
- Team player; proactive; self-starter.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in coalitions.
- Confidence and fluency in communicating to external audiences on CONCORD’s work in your areas of focus.
- Fluent level written and spoken English; working knowledge of French desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org