China Daily USA in New York City is seeking an experienced reporter to cover spot news, especially business news, as well as short- and long-term enterprise.
- The successful applicant will have good knowledge of international news, particularly the US and China.
- The right candidate should be able to do one-day and two-day turnaround stories off breaking news and news of the day, while continuing to work on mid-range and longer-term projects.
- He or she should be highly motivated, capable of generating and producing interesting story ideas, is a team player, has a positive attitude and can work with a collaborative spirit with others under daily deadline pressure.
- Must also be internet/social media savvy and possess a willingness/ability to shoot photographs.
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, approximately 9:30 am to 6 pm, with occasional weekend assignments and some travel needed to cover stories outside the city. Applicants should send a resume, clips.
- At least three years' experience with a daily newspaper or news service covering hard news;
- Strong writing and reporting skills and excellent news judgment;
- Excellent grammar skills and knowledge of AP style;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media or communications;
- Proficiency taking photographs and/or video.
This is a full-time position. The company will offer salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected] with “Reporter” in the subject line.
This position will be temporarily done remotely until the company has decided to staff its office.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org