This position supports efforts to secure resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position drives the cultivation of donor and partner relationships, positioning for and pursuit of competitive funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position focuses primarily on USG and other public donor institutions, and collaborates closely with IYF’s Corporate and Foundation Partnerships unit to identify and leverage shared-value opportunities.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Advance IYF’s Business Development (BD) strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal and position IYF as a leader in the youth development sector.
· Identify and track potential new funding opportunities from USAID and other public donor institutions, by analyzing development funding trends, monitoring solicitation forecasts, and supporting country offices to generate and utilize local business intelligence.
· Manage capture efforts, bids, and co-creation opportunities in accordance with established IYF processes and procedures, supporting cross-functional proposal teams to design and produce high quality submissions that comply with funder requirements and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice.
· Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners, in partnership with BD and Program staff and executive leadership. Market IYF programs and assets, and support IYF to be recognized as a partner of choice among donors, peer organizations and community stakeholders.
· Contribute to the development and improvement of BD processes, tools, and staff capacities in IYF’s headquarters and country offices, supporting stronger competitive positioning and higher win rates.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Strong proposal management and development skills, including designing, conceptualizing, outlining, and contributing to research and writing of a successful technical volume for USG and other public donors. Familiarity with cost volume preparation preferred.
· Knowledge of USAID and other public donor-funded project operations required.
· Ability to make sound judgments, assume responsibility, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to identify and balance priorities to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in a timely and professional manner.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international team environment.
· Second language fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
· Willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, or closely related field is required. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in building and leading business development strategies, systems, processes, and opportunities, working with public funders and in managing matrixed, cross-functional teams.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in and extensive knowledge of USAID acquisition and assistance processes and USAID-oriented business development is required. Knowledge and experience pursuing funding from other bilateral and multilateral institutional donors in the development space is preferred.
· Experience creating, disseminating, and institutionalizing best practices and strong business processes, and building staff capacities through formal and informal learning channels.
· Experience implementing youth development, education, civic engagement, and/or economic development in the international development context is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org