We are now seeking an Executive Producer, Business News to join CGTN America. The editorial output features business and economic news including the Americas/Asia trade and investment issues with a special focus on China.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for all global business and economic news output from a growing international news and current affairs channel
- Develop a well-rounded and creative production team
- Establish an effective workflow for this team
- Display creativity and enterprise in responsibility for the overall vision, content, editorial planning, and day to day operations
- Guide team to present fresh ideas and approaches in presenting complex financial stories to a diverse global audience
- Oversee planning calendar and team work schedules
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as assignment editors, operations, creatives, reporters, digital producers and guest bookers
With significant experience in live television (preferably at an international news network), you will have an extensive knowledge of current events, business, the global economy, geopolitics and international relations, especially the Americas and Asia.
You will also:
- Be a trained journalist and/or have as strong journalistic background. Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org