The incumbent will carry out two functions: Donor Services and Administration
As Donor Services Manager the incumbent will be responsible for acknowledging all US gifts, coordinating accurate bi-national gift and fund information in the donor management system, and issuing quarterly donor statements. In addition, the Donor Services Manager is the main focal point in the interface with donors or potential donors, answering all queries, promoting BrazilFoundation products and services and ensuring that the BrazilFoundation team is informed of donors’ philanthropic goals.
· As a Donor Management Platform expert, master Raiser’s Edge and ensure that systems’ functionalities are fully optimized and implemented to enhance donor information management and services (e.g. donor reports, complete US database including all donations’ methods, coordinate with Brazil database management, automate procedures);
· Maintains data base of donors, recurrent donors and contacts on Raisers Edge;
· Drafts and mails donor outreach correspondence;
· Processes gifts for all funds in a variety of asset types including checks, credit cards and securities;
· Maintains gift notification reports and ensures timely receipt and processing of all gifts;
· Drafts reports and correspondence related to all BrazilFoundation’s funds;
· Responds to fund inquiries by donors, including grant and gift histories, report requests and fund balances;
· Produces, mails and uploads annual donor statements for donor funds;
· Processes donor advised fund distributions including monitoring compliance in coordination with Brazil team;
· Monitors Donor Services and BF general email accounts for incoming communications;
· Assists development team with campaign mailings;
· Maintains gift records and documents per retention policy guidelines;
· Assists with the organization and facilitation of Fund Administration, including, but not limited to, reviewing and updating standard donor correspondence templates and forms as well as preparation of internal/management reports;
· Prepares wire transfers to Brazilian beneficiary organizations to be approved by CEO;
· Prepares wire transfer documentation and informs Brazilian organizations of wire transfers effected;
· Maintain and monitor controls and information related to the BF funds’ distributions;
· Provides telephone message support to current and prospective donors;
· Prepares correspondence, mailings and written documents as needed;
· Maintains various department files (physical and electronic);
· Assists with preparation of materials for the annual audit as needed;
· Work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, liaising on donor services financial and accounting processes;
· Assists the Director of Finance and Administration and the CEO with the design and formalization of the policies, processes and procedures related to Donor Management; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Within the Administration scope, the consultant will support the foundation’s US operations by coordinating office related procedures and maintaining and monitoring personnel/employee benefit systems in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Responsibilities include reviewing and implementing standard operational procedures, performing administrative tasks and assisting with the day-to-day routines of the organization.
· Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with ad-hoc financial analysis, as assigned;
Each employee of BrazilFoundation is an essential part of the whole. We are in the business of helping Brazilian communities and how we interact with each other and build our internal community matters greatly. Each role also supports our overall mission to strengthen the BrazilFoundation community by attracting charitable donations and endowments both large and small, maximizing benefits to donors, making effective grants and providing leadership in the Brazilian philanthropic community.
Expected Core Competencies
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
To apply, send C.V. and cover letter in English to: [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org