The Assistant Policy Advisor will be part of our Brussels team. His/her main responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor EU policy developments;
- Prepare and participate in events and meetings with the community and policy makers;
- Conduct research on diverse policy areas;
- Contribute to the delivery of EU projects;
- Manage community and stakeholder relations;
- Prepare communication material for the website (press releases, policy papers, policy statements) and social media;
- Provide administrative support to the Brussels office.
This is a hands-on, intense, and challenging opportunity, with direct policy engagement. In this role, the Assistant Policy Advisor will interact with senior stakeholder representatives in the OFE network and EU policymakers.
An ideal candidate combines technical understanding with an interest in EU policy. He/she has:
- A university degree;
- Ability to grasp and communicate on complex policy issues;
- Interest in the EU decision making process, preferably demonstrated by work experience;
- A good knowledge of and considerable interest in the ICT industry in general, and the Open Source movement and EU digital policy more specifically;
- Initiative, is reliable, and able to multitask and prioritise own work;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Perfect fluency in written and spoken English; other EU languages considered an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org