At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation's first African American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it's holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, "we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together." So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org
About the Role
The Senior Associate, Network and Partnerships will be responsible for launching, strengthening and scaling the MBK Network - a learning community and support system for MBK community leaders that will provide the support, resources, and opportunities needed to measurably strengthen local collective impact efforts and create lasting change for boys and young men of color. The Senior Associate is also responsible for leading learning and development for the entire MBK Community network, including MBK Impact and Seed Communities, and adhoc initiatives, such as the Reimagining Policing Pledge
- Build authentic relationships with local community leaders working in registered MBK Communities
- Lead the design and implementation of the MBK Network pre-launch, registration, and onboarding processes
- Create and manage the MBK Community assessment process to measure progress, goals, and alignment with the MBK Framework
- Launch a community engagement roadmap that leads to increased engagement, greater effectiveness and stronger collective impact infrastructures across the nation and includes: new community onboarding, framework assessment, certification, technical assistance and training
- Provide technical assistance to support the development and implementation of individualized Local Action Plans or roadmaps in each MBK Community to spur local innovation and impact
- Identify and lift up local MBK stories, successful initiatives and efforts that can be amplified as part of MBK Alliance's print, social media and/or digital presence
- Lead MBK Alliance's learning and development for Network and MBK Impact and Seed Communities via MBK University - an online learning platform that offers curated technical assistance to equip MBK leaders with the skills and resources needed to strengthen local efforts
- Cultivate national partnerships in the BYMOC field to support and strengthen local MBK efforts.
- Manage a MBKA Community Partners model where strategic clusters of communities are paired with a Partner who will offer ongoing support, be in consistent contact, and serves as a two-way liaison between MBKA and the community
- Launch and scale a youth subcommittee of the MBKA Advisory Council to provide strategic guidance on MBK Alliance programs, and to serve as ambassadors in their respective industries and communities
- Plan and execute virtual workshops for mayors, their teams and partners to provide educational tools and analysis on the spectrum of policing and public safety options, alternative public safety models, and community-centered review processes.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org