The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, the official political think tank of the European People’s Party (EPP, the largest European-level political party of the centre-right), conducts activities on a wide range of policy-oriented, EU-related issues. The Martens Centre is an organisation that offers the unique opportunity to join an energetic team which lays the groundwork for the foundation’s ambitious plan of action. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and innovative individual to fill the following opening: Financial & Grants Officer.
- manage the entire life cycle of the yearly EU grant (application, implementation, final reporting); https://www.europarl.europa.eu/contracts-and-grants/en/political-parties-and-foundations/european-political-foundations;
- ensure a high level of financial control and compliance with EU financial regulation and applicable national legislation;
- provide advice to co-workers on financial and compliance matters;
- prepare financial reports, budget estimations and analysis;
- prepare/verify contracts, agreements, call for tenders;
- ensure the completeness and accuracy of documentation for internal and external audit;
- liaise with external legal and accounting services, bank, EU authorities;
- maintain an accurate electronic bookkeeping and execute payments;
- oversee the tasks within the Administration team;
- general administrative support for the Centre and its Executive Director;
- organise statutory meetings;
- assist with HR matters, including selection and recruitment;
- streamline processes and procedures, improve operational efficiency of finances and HR tools.
- university degree in finance, public administration, economics, European law, etc.;
- proven experience related to the job description of at least two years;
- strong project management and organisational skills;
- good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures, and strong attention to detail;
- excellent control of multiple tasks and ability to prioritise;
- experienced user of digital tools (especially Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, internet banking);
- sound knowledge of European and international politics and familiarity with the history and the tradition of the Christian Democrat, conservative and like-minded political parties of the EPP family.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org