Line management responsibility
- VDT Archive Manager
- VDT Database and IT Manager
- Data Verification and Cataloguing Officers
- Data Translator Officer
- Admin & HR Officer
- Finance Officer
- Research and Reporting Officer
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Scope of Work
SWHF is a not for profit Organisation registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce. The Foundation aims to provide aid to communities and persons recovering from conflicts and disasters; provide support and orientation to refugees and communities in hosting countries; support justice and Human Rights efforts.
The Visual Documentation Team (VDT) Project is a Justice and Accountability Project that addresses relevant issues in Syria. The project aims at assisting transitional justice mechanisms, and other research processes. Due to the nature of the project, staff involved will likely be required to work with potentially graphic content.
The position includes administrative and programmatic responsibilities. The candidate will be prepared to work on both aspects enthusiastically and efficiently under the supervision of the SWHF BoD.
Tasks and Activities
VDT Management - programmatic responsibilities:
- The VDT PM manages the implementation of all aspects of the project: ensuring that key deliverables as set out in the project proposal are met in time and within budget; that narrative and financial reporting is carried out satisfactorily in a timely manner and taking into account donor and Project Partner Group requirements’ and feedback.
- Managing the relationship with the donor and relevant stakeholders, ensuring that they are well-informed of the project’s progress including its challenges and limitations and any modifications to the project’s proposal and/or budget;
- Identify and develop key relationships that support the project implementation and facilitate the development of the project in coordination with the Project Partner Group;
- Managing the project team ensuring that the development of all technical tools, materials, strategies and plans align with the vision objectives and goals of the project;
- Coordinate with the Operations Support Manager to ensure that both the Finance and Administrative teams maintain regular expense reports, tracking spending based on project activity, and monitoring funding levels;
- Work with the relevant team and partners to ensure that periodic projects reviews, monitoring and evaluation are executed regularly;
- Monitoring of risks, ensuring that changes are controlled, and problems addressed; reporting on risks including measures to address challenges and opportunities;
- Provide relevant project briefs, factsheets, and updates to consultants, partners, and any other internal and external parties;
- Coordinate the preparation of project documentation (policies, work plans, sub-plans etc.) and maintenance of relevant project files;
- Coordinate and support training content development (amend and review as necessary);
- Participating in seminars, conferences and meetings as relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related field;
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in Conflict Management, Transitional Justice, or a related field;
- At least five years of experience in a medium to large scale projects management and/or research work with a focus on discrete areas of Law, Human Rights or politics;
- At least two years of experience working with international donors and project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability for reporting;
- Proficient knowledge (Orally and in writing) of English and Arabic is required. Working knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Must be familiar with relevant legal issues and international affairs. Interest in human rights, and transitional justice work and have a demonstrated commitment to the field;
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail;
- High standards of confidentiality, reliability and discretion;
- Integrity by sharing the SWHF’s values and ethical standards.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org