Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Program Officer, Counter Trafficking in Persons for its Human Rights, Empowerment and Education (HREE) Team. The HREE Unit houses Winrock’s diverse portfolio of programs to combat human trafficking and gender-based violence in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, and the Caribbean.
The Program Officer provides technical assistance and project implementation oversight for counter-trafficking projects, liaising on a daily basis with relevant field offices and overseeing the work of one or more Program Associates. The position involves coordinating and monitoring project activities, budget management, processing technical reports and other deliverables, communicating with field staff, and liaising with donors. The Program Officer works to ensure technical, budgetary, and programmatic excellence; facilitates strong and regular communication with the field; and provides rapid and ongoing support to program directors/Chiefs of Party.
The candidate is also expected to play an active role in new business/proposal development efforts, leading and/or writing proposals or playing other roles in the proposal development process as needed and expanding Winrock’s funding and partnership opportunities. Our ideal candidate is a talented writer, critical thinker, and super-organized task manager who is a quick thinker and has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Exercises leadership in the HREE/counter-human trafficking team in designing programs and providing strong technical guidance and oversight to ongoing programs.
- Serves as home office project manager for assigned projects, working closely with project teams to develop project strategies, work plans, budgets, and reports.
- Tracks and monitors programs as assigned to ensure they are fulfilling deliverable and performance requirements at a high quality, on time, and on budget.
- Reviews and approves wire requests and field financial reports, liaising with Winrock’s Operations and Finance teams.
- Manages information dissemination and electronic communications among relevant parties, including project teams, internal groups, and external audiences.
- Builds and maintains relationships with current and future donors, partners, and external audiences
- Participates in new business development by contributing to and leading proposals related to HREE’s areas of expertise as well as those in other units (as needed).
- Promotes programming strategies that go beyond individual beneficiary-level impacts to promote systemic change, ownership, sustainability, and scalability.
- Represents Winrock at external events, nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and background:
- Education: Bachelor’s level degree in public policy, international development, economics or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in international development in areas related to human trafficking and migration (e.g., advocacy, public policy/administration, civic engagement, organizational development, network strengthening) required
- A minimum of five years’ experience providing technical and administrative support and oversight to USAID, USG and other donor-funded projects
- Experience living and working in developing countries
- Demonstrated success conceptualizing, leading, writing, and winning major proposals, especially with USAID and other USG entities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in at least one other language preferred
- Strong drive and ability to work effectively across a broad range of cultural/geographic areas
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to inspire staff and build the capacity of teams and junior staff
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint), Skype, and other technologies essential to working in the international development sector
- Adept at project planning, budgeting, management and financial analysis
- Proven capability in proposal writing and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks while ensuring quality output
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20%) required.
About Winrock International
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social, agricultural and environmental issues. Inspired by its namesake, Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock combines scientific and technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to deliver market-based solutions that improve lives around the world. Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources across the globe.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org