Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The Guidehouse Open Source Team seeks researchers, investigators, and intelligence analysts with a passion for helping clients across a wide range of concerns. We help clients identify risks through the focused collection of information from open sources, social media, public records, and syndicated databases, with targeted analysis based on relevant risk issues customized to provide clients with actionable information to assist in critical decisions.
The Open Source Team works with our clients to strategically prepare for and manage the complex environments in which they operate, and the evolving threat landscape they face by providing insights to assist in risk management and mitigation. Our approach enables our clients to anticipate, manage, and become "threat-smart" on areas such as supply chain illumination and other sensitive issues often related to national security.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, International Relations/Affairs/Studies, Regional Studies, Political Science, Public Policy, Government, Business, Accounting, Economics, Operations Research, History, Cyber, or a Data/Information Technology field.
Degree preferred: Master’s degree
- The candidate shall have experience in research techniques to identify, collect, monitor, tag and update specified topics and technologies identified by the US Government
- Develop ontologies and taxonomies to direct queries, data collection and tagging
- Experience guiding and managing a team of technology scouting practitioners in building a robust technology scouting and technology assessment capability
- Manage program consisting of multiple projects including project identification, design, development, delivery, and monitoring
- Identify and employ relevant technology scouting and technology assessment tools and databases
- Help the client advance their current capabilities, improve processes, and look for new ways drive impact
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven+ years of general experience required, with three to five+ years of specialized technology horizon scanning, technology scouting or technology assessment experience required
- Ability to obtain DHS suitability clearance; Current DHS suitability clearance preferred
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work products across multiple workstreams
- Experience with technology scouting methodologies and tools
- Ability to constructively identify and understand customer requirements and mission objectives
- Ability to translate complex technology topics and capabilities into plain language
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org