The social media manager will be responsible for administering our portfolio of social media channels, including the content published on these channels.
- Is your finger-on-the-pulse of Green, European and global political developments?
- Can you understand and absorb complex political messages and turn them into accessible and relatable social content that will shine on crowded timelines by thinking outside the box?
- Do you keep up-to-date with pop culture and the latest digital and social media trends?
If you answer yes to all the above questions, we’d love to hear from you!
- Defining social media goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for social media posts.
- Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content.
- Briefing graphic designers, animators and video makers on the multimedia content needed for social media posts.
- Ensuring brand, visual identity and tone of voice consistency across all our social media channels.
- Working with Green politicians and communication staffers across Europe.
- Monitoring what other EU political actors are doing on social media.
- Exploring new digital and social media trends.
- Native or near-native level of English.
- Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
- Proven experience in producing content for social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels and their best practices.
- Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
- Ability to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
- The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
- Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
- A graduate of a Communications/Marketing/European Studies/Political Science degree.
- Previous work experience as a social media manager.
- Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
- Basic experience with multimedia design platforms.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org