Based in New York and reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for managing the operational, financial, accounting and administrative functions of the Foundation globally.
• Lead and coordinate the annual global budgeting process, by cost centers; develop the financial plan and prepare the presentation for analysis and approval by the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Ensure maintenance of financial records in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Prepare quarterly global financial results report and cash flow analysis.
• Implement and maintain all finance-related policies, processes and procedures.
• Lead review of financial controls and provide recommendations to the management team.
• Oversee all audit related activities.
• Perform ad-hoc financial reports and review proposed project budgets and financial reports as required to assist the President & CEO and Development Team.
• Oversee the implementation and maintenance of integrated bi-national information management systems including financial, grant management, donor funds, and CRM platforms.
• Supervise Donor Services and Administration Coordinator (overseeing Donor Financial Services, HR, Accounting, and general operations of the foundation).
• Staff the Finance and Investment Committees; prepare presentations to the Board on behalf of Chair of Finance Committee.
• Lead administration of Human Resources functions: implement appraisal and professional development policies, Conflict of Interest, Code of Ethics, Whistleblower, Diversity Policy.
• Ensure compliance with Manual of Authorities.
• Lead annual organizational gap analysis.
• Ensure timely maintenance of all administrative and operational functions of the New York office, including responsibility for rent, utilities, cleaning and disposal of trash and recycling, IT services, office supplies, equipment repair, etc.
• Serve as focal point for communications with landlord, renewal of lease, upgrades, building maintenance and repairs to office space.
• Forecast Business Continuity based on risk analysis and propose Business Plan adjustments based on competitive analysis of field.
• Coach and develop skills of finance staff in Rio de Janeiro and New York.
• Foster an environment of teamwork to effectively coordinate and integrate the Finance function across the organization.
• At least three years in a similar role such as operations manager, finance manager or senior accountant
• Strong management skills & strategic focus
• Experience transforming a strategic vision into an operational model
• Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, working closely and effectively within an international team
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Deep knowledge of corporate governance principles, board relations and managerial best practices
• Proactive and collaborative attitude, with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Fluency in English and Brazilian Portuguese
To apply, send C.V. and cover letter in English by December 15th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org