The Digital Marketing Manager is a new role created to support the ambitious goals of our Marketing and Communications team. The position is responsible for using digital marketing, sales, and research skill sets to expand brand awareness, drive our growth goals, and build and engage our community. The manager will develop and execute direct marketing campaigns, including email, paid search, social media, SEO, and other channels, in support of organization health, strategy and mission. The position reports to the Director of Marketing Operations.
- Drive execution: Creatively identify digital marketing tactics that will accomplish key objectives and support broader growth strategy.
- Lead experimentation: Collaborate with an internal team to plan, execute, and measure multivariate experiments related to conversion and UX optimizations.
- Build campaigns: Develop structured campaigns across all platforms. Own campaign budgets and improve CPA while growing volume.
- Campaign analysis: Develop a structured approach to tracking & testing so that we invest in the campaigns that perform the best.
- Manage the metrics: Identify and report out trends, provide recommendations for content, design, website navigation enhancements.
- Lead partnerships: Collaborate with our marketing vendor relationships to develop strategy, manage/lead/track implementation and measure effectiveness of SEO and paid marketing campaigns.
- Develop infrastructure: Work with our Marketing & Communications team to ensure we have the right tools in place to optimize our outcomes and efficiencies.
- Design & Branding: Effectively interpret brand guidelines to assist in basic design asset creation. Email or landing page design creation. Recognize when design or copy is off-brand and make necessary changes.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
- Continuous Learner: You love a new challenge to learn from, and are in a forever search for new information and ways to improve your work.
- Collaborator: You like working with others, and believe that ultimately the best results come from shared investment and buy in across all levels of a team.
- Analytical & Creative: You combine analysis with innovation, and love diving into data to surface key insights, and then using those to improve results and innovate performance.
- You are connected to our mission. Something in your own life experience drives your passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and vision.
The following qualities are required:
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency in web analytics, data sources, and goals setting.
- 4+ years experience in a digital marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive results and surface new opportunities.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the digital marketing fundamentals (funnel optimization, UTM tracking, conversion, personalization, tag manager), SEO and SEM strategies, paid search, or paid advertising.
- Experience with Marketing automation platforms (Zapier, Intercom or equivalent) and Marketing technology systems (MailChimp, Google Analytics, Airtable, Unbounce).
- Basic HTML editing skills and an understanding of website structure.
- Familiarity with Adobe suite or other design tools (illustrator, photoshop, premier pro, canva)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and individuals of all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to manage complex projects across various groups and priorities.
- Be a part of evolving our marketing team from focusing on recruitment of students for our programs, to impacting all facets of the organization.
- Help expand the impact of our transformative programs by increasing the visibility and connection to our mission across the globe.
- Figuring out where and how we find the best candidates for our programs.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org