We are the SEEP Network--a 35-year-young global development practitioner network, working at the intersection of humanitarian response, economic development, and social justice. As we look to a post-COVID future, we are questioning convention and reaching beyond our comfort zone, all with the intention to build back better with our members and the larger development community.
We are searching for an assertive and dynamic go-getter, who wants to work with our team. Our team dreams big, sets ambitious goals, and we deliver for our members and community with consistent excellence and quality.
You should consider applying for this role, if you know what it means to work in a startup. If you don’t, you should be open to learning how to roll with the punches and do work that will probably not look the same any two days in a row, but will make you feel rewarded, every single day. We live our values, and we expect anyone coming into our community to do the same. Here are core values.
The Program Assistant (PA) at the SEEP Network is a key member of the team, focused on delivering high quality support and smart engagement on a range of core and project activities. The PA is a detail-oriented, organized individual, with intellectual curiosity and an interest in supporting cross-organizational excellence.
The PA is tasked with leading activities, providing tandem support on a variety of executive, organizational, and programmatic initiatives, requiring reasonable multi-tasking and creation of systemic solutions. Job responsibilities for this position may be reviewed annually and possibly throughout the year as projects and organizational needs evolve, or at the initiative of the PA or primary supervisor.
All SEEP team members are expected to be comfortable with a significant amount of digital, in-person, and other forms of interaction with colleagues, partners, and members of diverse backgrounds, geographies, experiences, and conditions. The successful candidate for this position will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, welcomes learning and developing professionally, and seeks out such opportunities.
Currently, the PA will have assignments cutting across a number of teams, including:
- Processing membership applications
- Coordinating member renewals, corresponding with members
- Assist with member recruitment, draw up detailed engagement reports
- Help to facilitate new online platforms
- Support SEEP communications: newsletters and member mailings
- Optimize member visibility and recognition across SEEP's communications channels
- Collecting and sourcing engaging visuals
- Work closely with Program teams to produce smooth-running webinars
- Business development activities
- Provide administrative support to donor-funded initiatives and SEEP working groups
Organizational M&E and Platforms
- Tracking of organization-level metrics
- Assisting with maintenance and updating of SEEP’s contact databases
- Support the maintenance of SEEP’s web platforms, including the drafting, designing, and constructing of web pages
- Quality control processes
Global conferences/learning events
- Provide event planning and production support for SEEP conferences
- Build out the conference website
- Provide support to advisory committee and on call for proposals
- Be a self-starter, have experience with working with varying degrees of direct supervision, able to navigate organizational structures
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity, experimentation, learning while doing, and working in an ever-changing team environment
- Tech literacy, familiarity and/or strong bias toward exploring new tools in social media and communication platforms
- Knowledge about and a knack for continued learning about the global development sector, social justice and community movements, social entrepreneurship
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high degree of sensitivity to intercultural engagement and communication
- Entrepreneurial and proactive, able to work under time pressure
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience (paid or voluntary)
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to international economic development, international relations, organizational development, communications and marketing, etc. (candidates with a combination of experience—formal or informal—and varying levels of education will be considered)
NICE TO HAVE’s
- Experience with and interest in networks and diffused organizations, particularly for learning and operational objectives
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google App Suite, Salesforce, social media platforms, survey platforms, networking platforms, database and data analytics, and teleconferencing tools
- Proficiency in languages other than English, with a preference for French, Spanish, and/or Arabic
Success in this role is demonstrated through:
- reliable and proactive administrative support to program teams
- accurate tracking of organizational metrics and creative approaches to platform usage
- planning and production of engaging in-person and virtual events
- building systems in operations and programs to ensure efficiency
- supporting ever-increasing and innovative value for members
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume/CV stating their interest, by 12 p.m. local time (of applicant’s time zone), January 8, 2021. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org