1. Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Director of Institute, and in close liaison with the Institute and Institutional Learning Department’s staff, the Education Specialist’s role is to lead on design, development, and evaluation of GFP’s conflict transformation/ peacebuilding curricula and training/ capacity-building materials. This position provides an invaluable opportunity to lead development of conflict transformation/ peacebuilding education content supporting the overall effectiveness and impact of GFP programme interventions as well as the contribution the Institute is making to the wider peacebuilding community.
· Leads the research, fact-finding, and resource development to inform continuous improvement of GFP’s conflict transformation and peacebuilding curricula and training/ capacity-building materials in English and Arabic as primary languages.
· Conducts instructional design research and analysis of contexts and curricula users, and applies tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods.
· Leads on systematisation of existing curricula and training/ capacity-building materials in English and Arabic.
· Designs and develops relevant curricula and training/ capacity-building materials, in both English and Arabic, based on contents plan and prioritisation processes set up by Director of Institute and Institutional Learning Department, as well as prior curricula assessments and collected users’ feedback.
· Regularly evaluates the impact of delivered curricula, and develops and deploys mechanisms to support further reflection and curricula improvements.
· Designs, facilitates, and delivers on-site, off-site, and on-line workshops and trainings in English and Arabic for internal and external GFP audiences. Evaluates the content and delivery of workshops/ trainings, and uses the findings for their future improvements.
· Provides expert consultancy and assistance to other organisations in the field of conflict transformation/ peacebuilding education. Responds to the calls for tenders for conflict transformation/ peacebuilding education work, to generate income for the Institute; raise exposure and profile of the Institute; and bring experience through engagement with other practitioners and researchers.
Influence and Representation
· Represents GFPI’s peacebuilding education initiatives at major events.
· Networks and recommends strategic partnerships to advance GFPI’s peacebuilding agenda, creating quality linkages between GFPI and partners.
· Ensures GFPI’s documentation, deliverables, and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards of GFPI and its donors.
· Builds capacity of junior members of the GFPI’s staff.
· Assists with the planning, preparation and execution of the GFPI’s meetings and events.
· Manages workload priorities and deadlines for all GFPI activities and events.
· As part of GFPI’s commitment to institutional learning, commits 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit GFPI as well as themselves.
3. Key Results Areas:
· Education: GFP’s conflict transformation/ peacebuilding curricula and training/ capacity-building materials in English and Arabic are disseminated in a variety of formats/ platforms.
· Influence and representation: Thought-leadership pieces published, presenting and speaking opportunities undertaken, and partnerships established.
· Administration: Project management, workload prioritisation, and meeting deadlines.
· Personal learning: Track-record of continuous personal learning, competency development and growth established.
4. Generations For Peace Values:
· Leadership: demonstrating leadership and fostering leadership in others, within the Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department, Delegates and Pioneers in the field and other stakeholders.
· Respect and Tolerance: showing respect and tolerance for all, within the Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department, within the wider GFP office, with implementing partners, & with Delegates & Pioneers in the field.
· Empowerment and Teamwork: supporting Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department members and Delegates and Pioneers in the field, through proactive delegation skills and coaching and guidance to empower them and encourage creativity, use of initiative, and positive participation in teamwork.
· Responsibility: demonstrating and encouraging responsibility, accountability and transparency, professionalism, care and diligence in respect of all people and property, and the brand and reputation of the organisation; seeking quality, effectiveness, sustainability, efficiency and good value for money; to maximise positive impact whilst minimising risk.
5. Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
· M.A Degree in the education, psychology, pedagogy, sociology, or any other related social science
· Minimum of four years of professional experience in a relevant position.
· Proven success in tracking performance against project objectives, reporting on outcomes, and analysing data to contribute to continual adaptive management of implementation.
· Proven success in designing and delivering educational activities.
· Excellent communications skills, both consensus development and interpersonal. Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to external partners and internal teams in both formal and information presentations.
· Excellent spoken and written English, and in particular top-quality written English communications.
· Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
· Excellent data management and data analysis skills.
· Ability to reflect, learn, and improve.
· Ability to lead projects and work independently; to take initiative, think strategically and work creatively.
· Ability to perform in a high-energy environment, with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the thoughtfulness to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace. A "can do" attitude, and a willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and personally handle all aspects of position.
· Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in global, regional, and local contexts.
· Strong interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, and international development.
· PhD degree in the te education, psychology, pedagogy, sociology, or any other related social science.
· Spoken and written Arabic.
· Experience working internationally and in an international organisation.
· Experience working in the field of peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
· Experience in community development and behaviour change.
· Experience working with different age-groups (children, youth, adults) in different contexts.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org