The Senior Program Officer provides program management oversight as well as technical support to implementation of the EpiC Laos Project. This position oversees day-to-day operations of EpiC Laos, supports and monitors implementing partner activities, and is responsible for the development and submission of project report and deliverables.
- Oversees day-to-day implementation of EpiC Laos activities.
- Manages a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs that arise for EpiC Laos.
- Actively collaborates and coordinates with collaborating agencies, implementing partners, national programs and other FHI 360 country programs to support and advocate program success and capacities in Laos.
- Works closely with the FHI 360 Asia Pacific and headquarters based technical unit and implementing partners to identify technical assistance needs and ensure appropriate and timely technical assistance for successful program operations and activities.
- Regularly consults and discusses program activities and relevant issues with the EpiC Director – APRO, the Senior Technical Advisor, the APRO Technical Unit and EpiC Management team in HQ.
- Coordinates closely with FHI 360 regional and headquarter offices to plan and implement country- level activities that contribute to the EpiC Project portfolio.
- Develops project subcontracts/subgrants with subrecipients and/or partners and ensures that the subcontracts/subgrants are managed, implemented, evaluated and reported on in a timely and technically-sound manner.
- Represents the EpiC Project at meetings with donors, collaborating agencies and other stakeholders, including presentation of the program and technical areas as appropriate.
- Travels domestically or internationally as needed to develop, coordinate, monitor and/or participate in EpiC activities.
- Participates in resource development for EpiC and other potentially other projects, including writing narrative sections and developing budgets for proposals.
- Work closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits project updates, technical reports and documents. Assist with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Conducts searches of published literature in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintain protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the HIV, STIs and related issues in Laos and the Asia Pacific Region.
- Strong program and financial management skills.
- Experience in HIV or with other public health programs design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office package, particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, social sciences, management, or public administration.
- Three to five years of experience with NGOs or INGOs involving program implementation and management, preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention and care program or in managing surveillance, research, program or evaluation activities.
- Proven experience in program and financial management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting, particularly in managing and providing leadership to HIV/AIDS or other public health programs in Asian Pacific Region, specifically Laos, desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org