WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- Turner Services Inc. seeks a CNN Intern for the Digital Programming department.
- The intern will work with the Global Programming Department for CNN Digital in addition to collaborating with other parts of CNN Editorial, from verticals to global news gathering.
- Plan, program and package all kinds of CNN content on our platforms, including relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to enhance stories.
- Keep up with metrics and interact with Audience Development to make sure we are bringing the best of CNN to the world.
- Execute programming plans for a wide range of projects.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
- Find trending content online and recommend the best to CNN's content teams.
- Write articles that summarize the news for mobile, commuter audiences
- Update top headline packages for app audiences
- Typically, some journalism experience. School newspapers count! Class papers not so much.
- A strong understanding of news.
- A strong understanding of storytelling.
- Strong writing.
- Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry, desire to learn, and creativity.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org