Are you motivated to play an active part in Europe’s clean energy transition? smartEn is recruiting a Head of Policy to coordinate the association’s policy and advocacy outreach.
We are the European business association integrating the consumer-driven solutions for the clean energy transition – creating opportunities for every home, car and business to support a reliable and affordable energy system.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the EU area in Brussels. Your core tasks will involve the preparation and implementation of smartEn’s advocacy activities, in strong cooperation with our broad membership of 50+ engaged companies and the smartEn team.
- Identify EU policy opportunities and challenges to promote demand-side flexibility within the EU Green Deal;
- Help shaping smartEn positions and clear policy asks;
- Drafting of smartEn position papers and other relevant publications;
- Advocacy activities to promote smartEn positions and influence key EU dossiers;
- Representation of smartEn in stakeholders’ associations, conferences and workshops;
- Coordination of Committees and Task Forces;
- Interaction with the smartEn membership on all relevant topics, including leading the regular policy updates with members;
- Contribution to smartEn’s public outreach, social media activities and business development.
- A university degree (Master or equivalent) in energy economics, European studies, law, engineering, or similar;
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience;
- Solid knowledge of EU decision-making process;
- A very good understanding of the energy sector, energy markets and the new role of system operators in Europe;
- Strong organisational, networking and communication skills;
- Strategic mindset with a track-record of successful advocacy;
- Analytical, curious, pragmatic and flexible approach and attitude;
- Skilled in drafting position papers, replies to public consultations, reports and articles;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, other European languages are an asset;
- Interest in playing an active part in the energy transition.
If you are inspired by the position, please apply with a CV and motivation letter including your salary expectations. Please quote “Application Head of Policy” as a subject when submitting your application. The deadline for applications is on 25 January 2021 COB.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to candidates who have been short-listed for interviews, within 5 days of the deadline. We thank you for your understanding.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org