Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society is seeking a seasoned human resource professional to serve as a strategic partner with organization’s management to recruit, retain and motivate the best talent to serve our mission.
The Associate Director will be an advocate regarding benefits, policies, and practices that have a positive impact on employees (both domestically and abroad). Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the candidate will:
- Provide leadership for talent acquisition and retention
- Maximize the effectiveness of performance evaluation processes
- Develop and administer benefits programs
- Support salary administration, job classification and compensation programs
- Promote staff training and development
- Advance diversity, equity and inclusion
- Provide HR leadership and guidance to field offices
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage labor/employee relations
- Maintain human resource information systems and records management
- Manage and execute personnel policies, practices, and procedures
- Oversee annual human resource budgets
- Manage a small HR team in US and provide functional leadership to international staff with HR responsibilities
- Partners with business development on key personnel acquisition efforts for proposals
- Engage in key personnel acquisition efforts for proposals
- Execute other HR/administrative related tasks and initiatives that may be assigned from time to time.
- At least seven to ten years of human resources management experience, preferably in international development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field required. A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field is preferred.
- Certification by a nationally-recognized human resource-related organization is strongly preferred.
- Experience in human resource management for U.S.-based international development organizations, including familiarity with HR systems and support for recruitment in new business development, is preferred
- Experience in departmental budget management
- Proven experience in benefit administration and equitable compensation planning
- Experience integrating principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into organizational policies and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all constituencies of a culturally diverse organization
- Working knowledge of relevant federal, state and local government regulations and equal opportunity policies are required
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to produce results, prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines; and proven ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English required; professional fluency in a language relevant to the organization’s international operations preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org