ERCST is seeking a (senior) policy analyst to join its team in Brussels to work on EU and international climate policy, starting as soon as possible.
- Carry out research activities for ERCST’s main areas of work, such as the European Green Deal, the EU 2030 framework for climate and energy policies, the EU ETS, Border Carbon Adjustments, Sustainable Finance, and the Paris Agreement and its implementation;
- Research and draft background materials on the above-mentioned topics;
- Lead on the successful delivery of projects and grants related to EU and international climate policy;
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.;
- Organize workshops and events related to your research activities.
- At least 3 years, and potentially more, relevant professional experience;
- A degree in (environmental) economics, or related discipline;
- A good understanding of the EU policymaking process;
- Experience in an international environment and multi-stakeholder process;
- Native-level written and spoken English - proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage;
- Be well-organized and able to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, take initiative and solve problems while under pressure;
- Ability to internalize substantial amounts of (new) materials and think laterally;
- Be authorized to work and live in Belgium.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org