Legacy International seeks an experienced person to join our staff on a full-time basis for seven months starting mid-February 2021 through mid-September, 2021, with the potential to extend as other opportunities become available. As a coordinator of 1-2 international exchanges you help deliver a life changing experience for young adults from around the globe. The Program Coordinator will work primarily on the Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program (SYLEP). Additional program support for the other Adult Division Programs may also be included (Professional Fellows Program, Skills for Success Professional Development Immersion, others TBD).
Our Company. Our Mission.
Legacy International equips emerging leaders to transform their values and vision into sustainable success. Our programs and services help people of all ages form collaborative teams around shared values, develop entrepreneurial mindsets and business models, promote social responsibility and lead to peaceful sustainable communities. Since 1979, projects and initiatives have involved professionals, community leaders, and youths from 110 countries. Legacy is funded by multiple federal and private grants, fee-for-service income, gifts and donations. Significant support comes from the U.S. Department of State. We are headquartered in Bedford, Virginia with additional employees working in Washington, DC and remotely elsewhere.
The Program Coordinator will work with other members of the Adult Programs Team to coordinate program delivery logistics (arranging site visits, reservations, guest speakers, developing and printing materials for program handbooks, communicating with program participants prior to arrival, managing flight logistics etc.). They will also play a central role in the program team, supporting various other aspects of implementing the program such as group management and support, delivering segments of training, and data collection. See below for more detail.
During the project team’s staff training and program delivery phase, the program coordinator resides with the exchange group on a full-time basis, 7 days a week. During planning and wrap-up phases, work is remote.
● Coordinate with other staff to set-up all logistics for two consecutive SYLEP programs (July 2021 – 38 participants & August 2021 – 52 participants). Produce a “master schedule”, including transportationlogistics, hotel reservations, meeting rooms, meal arrangements, “farewell event” planning,participant and host gifts, orientation materials, confirming meetings, and any other logistical needs.
● Assist with researching, writing, and/or editing a range of program materials, written documents, and spreadsheets as needed.
● In consultation with the Adult Division team, set-up multiple speakers, training events, meetings, and volunteer projects. Prepare materials on these visits. This will also include researching and arrangingseveral “cultural outings” and significant interaction with Americans from various fields and backgrounds.
● Collaborating with the team to adapt and deliver curriculum on topics of leadership development, cross cultural understanding, project planning, and civic engagement.
1020 Legacy Drive
Bedford, VA 24523 Phone: (540) 297 5982 http://www.legacyintl.org
● Being part of a team, which is “on-call” during program delivery to address participant needs,including (but not limited to) health care issues that may arise.
● Plan and lead debriefs, learning games, "team challenges", individual and group mentoring sessions to maximize learning.
● Facilitate interaction within the participants and with U.S. counterparts through formal and informal interactions, site visits, presentations, and discussions.
● Escort participants during the "Community Immersion" period, monitoring and facilitating their learning process in their host community (Austin, Detroit, Pittsburgh or Chicago).
● Social media, photo, and video documenting during the program.
● Demonstrates solid critical thinking skills and an ability to find practical, creative solutions.
● Demonstrates responsibility, a strong, self-motivated, work ethic and an ability to function
comfortably in an inter-cultural environment.
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, keep group on schedule, and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
● Ability to lead and moderate discussions and reflective activities.
● Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction.
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills, as this person will work both internally with Legacy
colleagues and externally with others from diverse populations and communities.
● Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills.
● Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. (Equivalent post-secondary coursework, training, and experience acceptable.)
● U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
Culture, Salary & Benefits
Legacy International has a successful 40-year track record delivering high quality training programs withongoing coaching and mentoring. Legacy’s Founder, J.E. Rash, embodies social innovation and promotescreative thinking company wide. We have a relaxed dress code and flexible scheduling.
The salary for this 7-month position is $24,500 pre-tax; $3500 per month. (This is a full-time annual equivalent of $42,000, pre-tax. Salary is negotiable. During program delivery periods, housing and meals provided duringthe “Community Immersion” period, as well as in Washington, DC if not already a resident of that city.
Benefits for temp staff include:
● Paid leave for temp staff is 16 hours per month when working full time;
● No health benefits are provided for seasonal staff unless employment extends beyond seven months. (If so,
this person becomes eligible for Legacy’s Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) plan which provides reimbursements for qualified medical expenses up to plan limits.)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org