AER is looking for an experienced and highly motivated EU Policy Manager who can drive AER advocacy activities, build trusted and long-lasting partnerships with key EU stakeholders, promote AER positions and influence key EU dossiers in the fields of media, advertising, digital and competition, copyright, spectrum.
Under the Secretary General direction and the supervision of the Director, the EU Policy Manager is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Develop and drive the implementation of the advocacy strategy to further AER priorities;
- Regularly monitor EU policy developments and identify EU policy challenges and opportunities in areas of interest for AER;
- Work with EU policy-makers and other EU stakeholders to build and nurture trusted and meaningful relationships; support AER network of national associations in advocacy activities on EU issues;
- Support the organisation of AER meetings and coordinate the activities of AER Taskforces;
- Draft AER positions and other relevant publications; represent AER in meetings and events with relevant stakeholders, including policy makers in the European institutions and other trade associations;
- Contribute to AER’s public outreach and manage key external relationships.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in EU policy in trade association, consultancy or European institution, ideally with a good knowledge of the media sector’s key policy issues;
- Solid knowledge of EU decision-making process;
- Strong advocacy, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strategic mindset with a track-record of successful advocacy and stakeholder engagement capabilities;
- Skilled in drafting position papers, replies to open public consultations, reports and talking points;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, other European languages are an asset, preferably French and Spanish;
- A University degree (Master or equivalent) in law, political sciences or European studies is preferable;
- Proactive, analytical and curious, with the capacity to familiarise with new topics quickly and to see the big picture;
- Strong interest in the commercial radio sector and the role it plays in the audio revolution.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org