The Regulatory & Public Affairs practice of our Brussels office is looking to recruit an intern for a six-month contract, beginning in March 2021.
- Your role will be to monitor and analyse intelligence on EU regulatory and policy developments that affect our clients’ business, with a strong focus on EU Technology, Communications and Media regulation, as well as supporting our competition and trade practices;
- You will assist our Regulatory & Public Affairs team in day to day assignments, including the opportunity to carry out substantial work on behalf of exciting, international clients;
- You will be actively involved in marketing and business development initiatives such as client alerts, webinars and workshops;
- You will help to coordinate and draft articles for our monthly Connected client newsletter on tech policy developments at EU level;
- You will gain experience of presenting policy issues during our international practice groups calls and know-how sessions;
- You will build your skills, develop your knowledge from our legal and policy experts, as well as receive their feedback on your work;
- You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the friendly and vibrant international environment that makes Bird & Bird, and our people, so unique.
- A thorough understanding of EU Regulatory & Public Affairs, with previous experience as an assistant to a Member of the European Parliament, an internship at the European Commission or at an international trade association highly desirable;
- A relevant university degree, such as a master’s in law, politics, international relations or economics;
- Native-speaking level of English and excellent drafting skills, along with command of at least one other language, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to build a network of contacts in the EU institutions and industry stakeholders;
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work, with strong analytical and research skills;
- A good team player, eager to learn, fitting in well with our open, entrepreneurial culture.
Bird & Bird is an international law firm that established a Regulatory & Public practice in its Brussels office in 2018. We spend a great deal of our time analysing our clients' sectors, anticipating trends, and assessing the impact of regulatory and policy changes.
The firm advises on cutting-edge issues in highly regulated sectors including technology, communications, life science, healthcare, media, sports, automotive, financial services and energy. That Bird & Bird has been ranked in Tier 1 by Chambers Europe for Regulatory telecoms, media and technology (TMT), is testament to the quality of the service we provide.
Our Brussels office brings together more than 65 team members from over 10 different countries. If you want to find out more, visit www.twobirds.com.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org