Provide policy expertise and support to Division programs in areas related to national security and nonproliferation of WMD-related technologies. Provide project implementation, research and analysis support for international nonproliferation engagement and nonproliferation policy programs. Serve as subject matter expert to assist in preparation of technical content for workshops and engagements on site or in foreign countries as assigned. Lead and contribute to analyses and reports on nonproliferation policy areas. Support development of nonproliferation tools and resources.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and international nonproliferation, export control, and nuclear safeguards policies and regimes.
- Knowledge of National Nuclear Security Administration and/or Department of State nonproliferation programs and activities.
- Oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to solve problems independently.
- Experience working in an international setting or with foreign partners.
- Solid background in engineering, international relations or foreign affairs.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Familiarity and experience with web applications, databases, and analytical tools.
- Proficiency in a WMD-related technical area (e.g., biology, chemistry, missile technology, or nuclear engineering) preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in proliferation finance and counter-terrorist financing preferred, but not required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org