UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract within the Private Sector Partnerships Services in our Office in Brussels, Belgium.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world.
As a part of the service, our colleagues in Private Partnerships & Philanthropy (PPH) raise funds from corporations, foundations and HNWIs against an ambitious target. PPH does this through its established network of fundraisers located across 4 regions (Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and North Africa) and the coordination and support provided by PPH headquarters unit in Copenhagen.
This job will play a critical role in driving strategic growth of private philanthropy among High Net Worth Individuals and Foundations in the Europe region. The post-holder will coordinate effectively with corporate and major donor fundraisers in country offices in the region and collaborate closely with the regional and global staff working on market development offering strategic advice where needed. The role will be outward-facing looking to build the highestvalue philanthropic partnerships for UNHCR across Europe.
The Associate PSP Officer (Foundations) position, based in Brussels, offers a unique opportunity to work within the PSP Europe team dedicated to raise funds and establish partnerships for UNHCR with the private sector.
Contract Type: Local Specialist, LICA-9 (equivalent to NOB)
Duration: as soon as possible - until 31 December 2021 (renewable contract)
Application closing date: 22nd February 2021
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world. The Associate PSP Officer (Foundations) position is part of PSP Europe Regional team and is based in the UNHCR office located in Brussels, Belgium.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR PPH fundraising operation within PSP Europe.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Fund Raising Officer, the Associate PSP Officer (Foundations) will perform the following responsibilities:
- Identify, support and develop opportunities to work with philanthropic networks at national/regional level for advocacy, awareness raising, or other collaborations in line with organizational priorities;
- Engage key private foundation networks in Europe through dialogue, consultations and events, leading where appropriate to the development and negotiation of bespoke high value foundation partnerships;
- Develop and support initiatives with foundations and other private sector donors (particularly HNWIs), to obtain high value financial support for selected projects and programs and other partnership engagement as appropriate;
- Collaborate with Innovative Financing colleagues, in the development and marketing of Financial Innovation products adapted for Europe, supporting realization of global HWNI and foundation income targets;
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts specifically in Belgium and Luxembourg. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals;
- Develop compelling proposals and presentations for prospective partners in support of colleagues across Europe;
- Work closely with PPH network and key/senior UNHCR staff to develop and lead engagement plans to build relationships with senior foundation leaders and philanthropy networks;
- Support in the roll out of the Global Foundations strategy and roll out of the PSP/PPH strategy;
- Maintain detailed records of engagement and plans, using relevant systems to monitor progress in the development of foundation partnerships;
- Provide strategic input and support to PSP Europe team in market development and planning for philanthropy within Europe, including support and input on recruitment, strategic planning, integrated regional campaigns.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Degree in Law, Development, International Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field,
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with Undergraduate degree, 2 years of relevant experience with Graduate degree, or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree. Relevant experience in partnership development with foundations or other institutional donors;
- Excellent knowledge of English is a must (written/oral/comprehension);
- Experience working with a humanitarian reponse or international development organisation;
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, with private sector donors particularly in the area of private foundation fundraising techniques;
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing, reporting and communication materials at appropriate levels for varied partnership development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of foundations and private donors;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals;
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for projects and to complete them in a timely manner;
- Ability to build effective relationships with prospective foundation donors, and UNHCR technical teams and fundraising staff remotely;
- Ability to use contact management database and to present and interpret data for monitoring purposes;
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant funding commitments from private foundations and other private sector donors is desirable;
- Understanding of European institutions and/or philanthropic networks and how they operate is considered an asset;
- An existing network with European philanthropy networks will be an asset;
- Experience working with major donors and high net-worth individuals (HNWI) is desirable;
- Working level knowledge of French and/or Dutch (written/spoken) is desirable.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Brussels, Belgium.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until end of the year, with possibility of renewal. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The salary is in line with the local UN NO Salary scale.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, duly updated (with all work experience) and signed Personal History Form (P11), and CV to [email protected] indicating “Associate PSP Officer (Foundations)” in the subject of the email.
New/accepted Personal History Forms are available at PHF Form/Supplementary Sheet.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org