Expected starting date: Early April
Type of contract: Fixed-term, 6 months paid internship contract (CIP), renewable based on performance evaluation.
Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the outreach team. The internship is paid, full-time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels. Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and work experience in a major Brussels-based think tank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge of communication and outreach related to economic policy and European affairs.
- Support press outreach and monitoring, including the multiple distribution channels used by Bruegel for publication and research.
- Support the team in events organisation, including logistics and impact follow-up on target audiences, livestream support, photo and video.
- Support the maintenance of Bruegel’s online platforms (website, social media, etc.).
PROFILE OF APPLICANT
- Academic background in communication, visual arts, events organisation, political science, social sciences, journalism, or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy and knowledge European affairs.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting April 2020.
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of their studies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences.
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information.
- Policy analysis skills.
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Computer literate; knowledge of excel is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of audio-visual production is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org