Butterfly Network's mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Vice President, Government Affairs will play an integral role in developing and implementing coordinated federal advocacy strategies with federal policy makers and officials on issues that impact Butterfly Network. The ideal candidate will thrive by finding the "art of the possible" and viewing challenges as opportunities. The ability to act with expeditiously to deliver high quality outcomes is a must. Applicants with a track record of building synergistic relationships with internal and external partners to deliver excellent results are encouraged to apply.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Be responsible for maintaining, cultivating, and engaging relationships that include U.S. Government officials, Members of Congress, and relevant Committee staff to create value-add opportunities that raise the company's visibility in Washington, DC and promote Butterfly Network's interests in the public policy arena.
- Work closely with colleagues in Public Affairs/Communications to advance Corporate goals. This includes providing political and strategic legislative expertise on activities critical to achieving corporate objectives and serving on various internal work groups.
- Monitor legislation and the rulemaking process to identify and flag substantive policy and political opportunities and risks to the company's business. The Head must ensure internal departments are appropriately informed on issues that could impact Butterfly Network's business and will work with the various departments to make sure they are fully leveraging our government affairs capabilities to advance Butterfly Network's mission.
- Interact with consultants as appropriate to ensure follow through of federal government affairs strategies.
- Engage industry trade associations and other partner organizations to promote alignment on priority company positions.
- Garner and utilize a deep understanding of Butterfly Network's technology and the medical professionals and patients we serve in order to enthusiastically and appropriately communicate our mission to a variety of audiences.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Advanced Degree strongly preferred; Bachelor's degree required and 7-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Substantive experience with the federal legislative process and interplay with executive branch policymaking; strong understanding of the political context in which our industry operates; working understanding of policies fundamental to ensuring patients have access to the medical technology of today and tomorrow. Ideal candidate would possess experience working in both the legislative and executive branches of the federal government.
- Strong network of bipartisan relationships in Congress, and ability to collaborate with key industry trade associations that shape the federal political and policy environment.
- Excellent judgment to make decisions on complex business and healthcare policy issues, and act based on what is in the best interest of the company and patients.
- Experience with working with C-Suite and Executive level colleagues to inform and advise on policy developments through a strategic and programmatic lens.
- Proven ability to forecast short and long-term implications of policy changes and political trends.
- Innovative, energetic, entrepreneurial and resourceful; diplomatic, intuitive, inquisitive; willing to offer opinions, suggestions, and judgments that are supported by sound logic.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams' well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC OR Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- OR: The ability to either work remotely or be based in one of our US offices in NYC, Palo Alto, or Guilford, CT
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org