Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
The organisation is funded mainly by grants from the EC and other bodies. We have successfully implemented Sun system as our global financial system and we need an experienced, hands-on manager to implement this in the Belgium office ensuring the financial records are kept in a way appropriate to meet the country statutory reporting requirements as well as the EC reporting, compliance and audit requirements
The post-holder will work in Brussels managing funds, finance and compliance for Saferworld Europe in close cooperation with Saferworld’s London headquarters, China programme and other Saferworld teams as relevant.
The EU finance and compliance manager will work closely with country finance teams and other colleagues on issues related to EU funded projects.
- Coordinate finance management, donor compliance and contract management;
- Maintain finance and administrative systems to ensure smooth and efficient processes are in place for Saferworld Europe asbl;
- Provide financial management for Saferworld Europe’s EU and other projects, including ensuring financial compliance with regulations for EU and European projects;
- Provide advice and capacity building on the design and control of Saferworld Europe’s EU and other projects (in both application and reporting stages).
- Experience with financial and administration management of EU-funded projects, including working with auditors;
- Recognised qualification in accounting/finance/business Management (ACCA, ICAEW, IEB, etc.);
- Experience of computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments;
- Solid knowledge and experience in liaising with accountants, auditors and Belgian administration and service providers;
- A hands on team member with attention to details, able to support colleagues and create a friendly supportive environment;
- Experience within an international not-for-profit organisation;
- Sound IT skills & analytically minded - experience with SUN or equivalent financial accounting software and systems would be a distinct advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org