The International Council on Clean Transportation seeks an experienced, versatile, enterprising editor and writer to join our communications team. This is a full-time, permanent position (40 hours/week) reporting to the Communications Director. It may be based in the Washington, D.C. or San Francisco office, and remote working arrangements from either of those bases may be considered.
- Edit technical and policy papers
- Manage publication projects, coordinating with authors, freelance editors, and designers
- Conceive, develop, and write content derived from or based on ICCT's varied research: e.g., fact sheets, briefs, blog posts, op-eds, infographics, video scripts
- Advise and work with researchers on publications planning, writing, communications strategy
- Collaborate with authors and communications staff on outreach publicizing ICCT work
- Write and post content for websites and social media
- Superior editing, writing, and research skills
- Experience working with technical or scientific subject matter
- Knowledge of climate and environmental policy issues; familiarity with transportation issues and policy, and with Latin America, preferred
- Bilingual, English-Spanish
- Ability to manage converging deadlines and juggle competing priorities
- 5–10 years of relevant experience
You will have a starting salary of $79,800- $85,700 (DC) or $87,780-94,270 (SF) plus an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) with 7% contribution, transportation subsidy, and other benefits.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org