The World Federation for Animals (WFA) advocates for animal protection and welfare at the United Nations level. It is a new umbrella organisation for animal protection groups all around the world. The WFA is a member-based organisation and maximises the efforts and resources of the animal protection movement as a whole, uniting the movement by sharing information and developing focus on key policy issues impacting animals.
We are currently looking for a Communications Officer to join the secretariat.
The Communications Officer’s tasks include:
- Liaising with the policy staff and converting policy messages into newsworthy content to feature;
- Creating a constant & consistent stream of content to be featured on the WFA website and social media channels including written stories, videos, promotions and graphics/memes;
- Maintaining a content calendar of current stories and videos in progress as well as upcoming stories, videos and story ideas;
- Coordinating the working group of our members’ comms staff to disseminate joint WFA messages and provide them with visuals;
- Posting blogs (own or by guest writers) to the WFA website, including translations as required;
- Posting stories and/or videos to WFA’s social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Respond to questions/comments as needed;
- Creating visuals and video clips as requested;
- Monitoring social media performance and stats, benchmarked against competitors;
- Covering all media actions for the international conference to be held in October 2021;
- The communications officer reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Knowledge of animal issues in a systems-change way of thinking and especially familiarity with policy work on animal welfare;
- Professional experience with social media;
- Experience in creating graphics and videos, as well as website design and development;
- Experience with HootSuite, Photoshop or similar (memes), iMovie or Premier Pro (basic video editing), basic knowledge of HTML (backend website work);
- Seasoned, journalistic-style writer and editor accustomed to working at a fast pace;
- Familiar with AP Style and British spelling and grammar; able to adhere to org style guide;
- Creative thinker, problem solver, good organisation skills;
- Pleasant, easy-going work style;
- Independent, self-starter accustomed to working in a member-based organisation and as part of a small team based in several places of the world.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org