For over 70 years, Friends of Youth as partnered with youth, young adults, and families to provide the relationships, resources, and skills needed to attain personal growth and success. Our services include sheltering, housing, counseling, prevention services, and more. By joining our team, you will make a difference by ensuring youth have every opportunity to succeed!
The Mental Health Therapist/Substance Use Counselor supports the Department of Youth & Family Services by providing behavioral health outreach and engagement services for young parents, youth, and young adults in transitional housing programs supported by Friends of Youth. The Counselor provides direct service and treatment in individual and group settings, as well as connections to treatment and other recovery and support services, in Redmond, Kirkland, and Bothell.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide clinical case management services for residents, including crisis management, screening for service referrals, and harm reduction counseling.
- Provide individual and family counseling, motivational interviewing, life skill education, substance use disorder screening, and mental health screening.
- Connect residents to education, healthcare, housing, and job-seeking opportunities.
- Maintain a team-based approach to behavioral health by collaborating with the Clinical Supervisor and communicating caseload changes, participating in staff case consultations, and developing community presentations.
- Ensure clinical services provided meets quality standards and the needs of clients, families, and the community by adhering to professional standards, completing paperwork in a timely manner, and attending weekly clinical supervision meetings.
Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. May be required to work on evenings and weekends. Work will be performed both remotely and onsite/in-person.
- Master’s Level Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Services, or related field.
- Active Washington State license in mental health field (LSWAIC, LICSW, LMHCA, LMHC, LMFTA or LMFT).
- Active Washington State Substance Use Disorder Professional or Trainee License.
- Completion of Substance Use Disorder Professional coursework.
- 1-2 years in working with youth and young adults in a behavioral health capacity.
- Experience in leading mental health focused groups, trainings, and/or workshops.
- Experience working with people experiencing substance use disorders.
- Experience working with people in shelters, transitional living programs or people struggling with housing instability.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$23.54 – 25.07 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees, including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to engage with diverse populations in a culturally responsive manner, and demonstrate a commitment to the values of equity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction principles, youth and young adult development, and treatment approaches for individual/family/group counseling and crisis intervention.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, clients, and the public.
- Basic computer skills, including email communication, Microsoft Office programs, and electronic medical records system.
- Ability to travel to multiple local sites and other locations in personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must satisfactorily pass criminal background check.
- Must satisfactorily pass tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, a valid Washington State driver's license, and a safe driving record as defined by Friends of Youth.
- Must carry auto liability insurance that complies with the minimum coverage requirements as defined by Friends of Youth.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply for this position or to perform the essential functions of this position. To request accommodation, please
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org