Under the direction of the Principal and Senior MER Advisors, this position will support different initiatives in various countries meant at strengthening the availability and use of strategic information to ensure projects’ adaptive management. The support would include M&E and learning (MEL), DHIS 2, research, proposal development and knowledge management to MSH projects in collaboration with other MEL technical staff.
The M&E Specialist also conducts data analysis and executes general
MEL activities as requested by project and research initiatives. The position reports to the Evidence, Performance and Impact (EPI) Practice Area Lea. The position is also expected to follow a matrixed reporting format based on the various work streams they will be managing.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Research Project Support (60%)
- Contribute to project monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and research support to MSH projects as assigned.
- Provide staff and projects with data analytics, data interpretation, and data visualization expertise for reporting, presentations, and publications.
- Review project and technical reports as required (e.g. quarterly, baseline, etc.) for accuracy and completeness.
- Contribute to rigorous evaluation and study design, protocol development, data collection tools, and analysis.
- Provide internal review statistical analysis and conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, as requested
- Conduct sample sizes calculations and data analysis plans for project evaluations and applied research
- Assist projects in submitting data to the USAID Data Depository Library (DDL) as needed
DHIS 2 Support (20%)
- Support the development and maintenance of project [email protected]/DHIS 2 instances and as well as entering data, as needed
- Conduct trainings for corporate and project staff on development, use, and maintenance of [email protected]/DHIS 2
- Assist projects in accessing and using DHIS 2 data for project decision‐making
Business Development (10%)
- Provide support to project and business development efforts as requested.
- Collaborate with Business Development, KM, and MER teams to develop and maintain a database of resources for proposals (PMP’s, Indicator menus, and KM and MER narratives, etc).
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Research Organizational Standards and Guidance (10%)
- Provide support to MSH‐wide standards and guidance for monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Collaboratively design standards, templates, and tools for MSH projects as well as provide management support for piloting of MSH standards and guidance.
Required: Bachelors degree in public health or related field
Preferred: Masters degree in public health
Candidates should have at least 6 years of related experience with a Bachelors
degree or 4 years with a Masters degree, with experience in the following areas :
- Project monitoring, evaluation learning and research for health‐related projects.
- USAID management and annual/quarterly reporting requirements.
- Reviewing accuracy of technical documents to ensure accurate and appropriate analysis of data and findings.
- Writing and contributing to the development of
- donor proposals, specifically with regard to: PMPs, Indicator Tables, and MEL Plans.
- Analytics and statistical analysis.
- Use of data management software such as DHIS 2, Excel (including Power Pivot), and MS Access.
- Quantitative analysis software
- At least 2 years of experience living and working in developing countries as this is required to understand program context, field realities and technical needs.
- Experience with qualitative analysis software
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org