CRDF Global seeks an experienced Senior Project Lead to support implementation of North Korea counter-proliferation focused engagements covering cybersecurity, United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs) against the North Korea, counter proliferation financing, and others. Under the supervision of the Program Manager and in consultation with the funders and international partners, the Senior Project Lead will use project management best practices to develop and execute the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of a large, complex portfolio of activities to ensure they are administered and implemented in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and funder objectives. Activities may include meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences, grant-making, research competitions, or other activities, both in-person and virtual.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have exceptional communication skills, strong project and financial management skills, attention to detail and organizational skills, be able to manage large, complex multiple projects portfolio simultaneously, and be capable of meeting tight deadlines. The Senior Project Lead will work within the Security Assistance Division, which consists of a combination of Program Managers, Project Leads, Project Associates, Grant/Procurement Managers, Travel/Logistics Managers, and Interns.
- Provides oversight and direction to a team of Project Leads and support staff to implement counter proliferation programming, including making project assignments and managing workflows
- Develops and manages a portfolio of complex or large projects (valued at approximately $2M). Designs and implements project plans using best practices for Project Management (for multiple projects) that may include charter, WBS, statements of work, schedules, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation plans, and project budgets; prepares and submits reports and proposed modifications if necessary. Conducts project forecasting and financial management.
- Participates in managing stakeholder relations and networking with funders
- Manages sub-award budgets, including planning, administration, and financial reporting of project expenses upon closeout of the sub-award(s)
- If supervising staff, recruits, hires, on-boards staff; manages their workload; establishes work and development goals with staff; and provides feedback on performance standards
- Develops concepts and new project ideas as part of proposal development process
- Represents program or projects at external events
- Supports other programs and staff, as required
- Travels within the U.S. and internationally as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years demonstrated project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a related field such as counter proliferation/nonproliferation, cybersecurity, counter proliferation financing, dual-use technology transfer and export control, or international security highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated strong communication, diplomatic and negotiating skills and good judgment
- Solid research and writing skills
- Familiarity with other countries and cultures
- Prior experience with remote trainings and education platforms such as Moodle, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to work with more advanced software, such as Microsoft Project is preferred
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org