CEPS is currently looking for an Editor-in-Chief (EiC). This is a Brussels-based position under a Belgian employment contract.
- You will edit texts to improve readability, clarity, coherence and quality to ensure that they meet CEPS’ editorial standards as an independent think tank, and the needs of the audience;
- You will manage the workflow of the publications team and assign publications to and supervise other editors;
- You will oversee the Publications Coordinator in work relating to formatting, publishing and printing;
- You will prepare synopses of publications to use for publicity in print and online;
- You will assist with drafting op-eds to tie in with policy cycle/important meetings;
- You will contact and manage relations with external publishers for selected CEPS books;
- You will participate in training to improve writing skills of staff.
- You are a native English speaker with a good level of another official EU language;
- You have minimum 8 years of editing experience, including of non-native English writing, preferably in a European policy and/or academic context;
- You have a proven record of editing books, opinion pieces, and publicity materials, etc.;
- You have solid experience of managing people, enjoy working in teams involving junior and senior colleagues, and are open to giving and receiving feedback;
- You are able to handle stress, be diplomatic, respect deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org