The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is looking to appoint in its Brussels office one paid intern, ideally able to start as of May 2021 for a six-month period.
The intern would become a key member of a client team. His/Her role would involve supporting on the day-to-day client work and support on new business development. He/she would mainly work in our Transport and Energy-Environment practices.
He/She should be “hands-on” and be comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora.
Skills & Experience - The candidate must:
- Be a young graduate (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. Political Science, EU Affairs, International Relations, Political Communications, etc.);
- Have a good understanding of and an interest in the EU institutional system and EU transport and environmental policies;
- Have a good understanding and interest in Public Affairs/Public Relations and demonstrate willingness to learn;
- Have at least one previous experience (internship etc.) in the PA sector or an EU institution in Brussels, preferably in the transport sector.
Personal qualities - The candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player and quick learner;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages (Spanish in particular) also desirable;
- Have good organisational and inter-personal skills;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team; and
- Have a “work hard to play hard!” attitude.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org