IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Do you want to contribute your talent, skills, and expertise on an exciting and dynamic team where your hard work is valued and recognized? IntraHealth International is looking for an Advisor to join our Business Development team. The Business Development Advisor will ensure the development and submission of highly competitive proposals to US Government (USG) agencies, private foundations, non-US governments, corporations and multilateral donors. The selected individual will also support the development and management of strong business development and proposal development systems, processes, and tools.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and are ready for a positive experience, this is an excellent time to join IntraHealth. The ideal candidate has an excellent understanding of proposal development processes and proposal components. This person will contribute across key proposal roles outside of proposal management, including technical writing, writing of other proposal sections, recruiting, and preparation of cost proposals.
Proposal Management & Section Writing (65%)
- Play key roles on proposal efforts, including as proposal manager and lead technical writer. Contribute on other roles, when necessary, including by writing other sections, recruiting candidates, and completing cost proposals
- Conduct, capture, research efforts to collect data and technical information that will inform strategy creation and proposal writing, informing an understanding of the local technical context, strengths and weaknesses of competitors, the donor landscape, and client preferences
- Work with colleagues to set win themes and guide their incorporation into proposal sections
- Conduct RFA/RFP analysis to ensure responsive outlines and draft sections
- Develop responsive proposal section outlines and sections, with input from technical contributors and others
- Lead or participate in sessions to gather key technical and other input from experts to inform writing. Work collaboratively with staff in country offices to ensure local context, in-country expertise, and knowledge are reflected.
- Develop activities with technical experts that contribute to project results
- Maintain close communication with other proposal team members to promote cohesion of responses
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that the proposal is well written, cohesive, organized according to donor requirements, and that all technical proposal sections are consistent and aligned and accurately reflected in cost proposals
- Meet deadlines and other milestones to allow for timely submission of high-quality efforts
- Contribute to marketing documents, blog posts, op-ed pieces, and success stories that share the organization’s expertise externally and/or align proposal development and communications efforts
- Review other teams’ proposals as part of broader organizational review processes
Business Development Team Operations & Management (10%)
- Lead or contribute to the business development management and operations of the organization. This includes, but is not limited to partner engagement, recruit cultivation, revenue and target forecasting, proposal tracking, data collection and analysis, and proposal resourcing
- Stay abreast of new trends in global public health and proposal management and writing for donor funded programs, especially for USAID and other USG agencies
Capacity Building, Mentoring, & Training (10%)
- Mentor and train colleagues in proposal management, technical writing, writing of other proposal sections, recruitment, and cost proposal preparation
- Mentor and train business development team members in tasks related to the management of organizational business development efforts, as appropriate
- Create and deliver trainings to support capacity building in these areas
Business Development Process & Systems Strengthening (10%)
- Develop, adapt, and/or update proposal development and business development team tools, trainings, and processes to meet evolving organization needs
- Lead or support periodic efforts to refine business development team systems, ensuring effective management of the organization’s business development systems
People Management (5%)
- Lead, support, inspire, develop, delegate, and build capabilities
- Set and ensure achievement of goals at the highest standards of performance
- Model IntraHealth core values
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a diverse, inclusive, solution-focused, high trusting culture
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or related field plus a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience; Or a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or related field plus am minimum of ten (10) of relevant experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience leading large-scale proposal efforts for USG, foundations, and/or other donors; and at least 3 years of experience in a management role on a business development team with an organization or contractor focused on USAID
- Excellent technical skills in proposal writing, editing, and formatting
- Demonstrated ability to create or refine systems, tools, and trainings that support the management and writing of high-quality USG proposals
- Extensive experience creating, using, and improving systems, processes, and tools that support high quality management of business development functions and broader resource development activities for organizations
- Overseas experience required, previous residence in a developing country desirable
- Clear track record mentoring and training other professionals to excel in various proposal development roles
- Excellent understanding of proposal development processes and proposal components
- Experience contributing across key proposal roles outside of proposal management, including technical writing, writing of other proposal sections, recruiting, and preparation of cost proposals
- Ability to work under short deadlines
- Strong skills in prioritization and organization of work assignments
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully across teams, countries, languages, and time zones, and with colleagues having different personalities and work styles
- Ability to collaborate successfully in a remote working environment
- Working knowledge of a second language: French is preferred
- Ability to collaborate successfully in a remote working environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10%
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org