APSA is seeking candidates for the position of Manager, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) workshops and International Programs. The Manager will provide key support to the Association’s international programming and program development. The Manager will take a lead role in supporting APSA’s various projects in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, including the MENA Workshops and departmental collaborations, as well as joint projects with Arab Political Science Network (APSN) and other relevant organizations. The Manager will also support other projects that enhance the Association’s engagement with international political science communities and expand professional development opportunities for domestic and international scholars.
This is a Full-time exempt position with no supervisory responsibility.
APSA MENA Workshops:
• Provide day to day management for APSA’s various MENA projects, including outreach, coordination with project leads and organizational partners, payment requests and financial tracking, post-event reporting, and related logistical and administrative support as needed. This prominently includes serving as the key administrative staffer for an ongoing series of Workshops and related programming in the MENA region.
• Provide on-site administrative support for the duration of the MENA Workshops, and conduct advance visits to regional host locations in the MENA region, including all planning and preparation.
• Serve as primary liaison to MENA steering committee.
• Support project design and planning for new professional development and research support initiatives, including grant writing for new sources of funding.
• Maintain and update all program-related data in relevant databases as well as all program-related web pages.
• Field member and public inquiries in all areas of responsibility.
• Support project design and planning for new international projects and grant initiatives.
• Serve as primary liaison to APSA International Committee.
• Assist with communication between the national office and overseas membership, and with other national political science associations or related regional associations.
• Maintain and update all program-related web pages.
• Coordinate with and assist other departments with international programs-related business (i.e. Finance, Publications, Communications).
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in political science or a related field such as international affairs or public policy strongly preferred.
• Five (5) or more years of related experience. Previous experience working on international-related projects is highly desirable; experience living or working abroad, especially in the MENA region, is preferred.
• Strong partnership-building and project management skills; administrative experience backstopping grants or other project activities; exceptional support and problem-solving skills.
• Fluency in written and oral Arabic preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within established deadlines.
• Strong computer and software knowledge with proficiency in MS Suite; experience with mail merge programs, social media, HTML/CSS, and WordPress a plus.
• Flexible, dependable, and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must hold a valid passport at the time of hire and be able to travel for weeks at a time.
To be considered, submit your (1) resume with (2) cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the description of this position and the essential skills required of the position. Send all documents as PDF attachments to [email protected] Please include “Manager, MENA workshops and International Programs” in the email subject line. Consideration will begin as soon as resumes are received, and the application deadline is May 7th, 2021.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org