The Government Affairs Junior Associate will work under the supervision of the Government Affairs Manager and work closely with European communications staff, project leaders and issue experts based in Europe and the United States, and European partner organizations to help execute advocacy strategies in support of CATF’s program goals and objectives in the region. This is a junior position that offers opportunities for growth in responsibilities in the team.
Primary duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Policy Monitoring – Follow the relevant legislative and policy initiatives at the EU level and in key EU member countries;
- Strategy implementation – Support the EU team in the execution of advocacy strategies towards the EU Institutions;
- Organisational and administrative tasks – Organise and coordinate outreach meetings with policy makers;
- Written Materials – Write and/or edit comment letters, fact sheets, blog articles, and other materials for internal and external dissemination;
- External relations – Reach out and cooperate with policy makers and NGOs networks;
- Research and analysis – ad hoc research and analysis of key EU policies;
- Networking – Follow up on a network on energy and climate in Brussels.
- University degree in EU studies or similar;
- 1-3 years of experience in EU affairs;
- Interest and experience in EU energy and climate policies is an advantage;
- English proficiency, other European language skills a plus;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills;
- Good writing skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org