The intern works with the Coordinator on the topics of Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance. A part of the internship is also carried out in cooperation with other colleagues. Furthermore, as is common for all ETUCE employees, help with other practical tasks in the office is expected.
On topics of Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance
- Support the monitoring of the development of the EU education, economic, labour market and social policies.
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of the Education Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external notes on labour market policy, economic policy and governance and social dialogue within the EU.
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of conferences and seminars including drawing-up of reports and minutes.
- Assist in the implementation of ETUCE projects on social dialogue and on economic governance.
- Prepare newsletter articles and other information tasks.
- Accomplish varying office tasks.
The ETUCE secretariat in Brussels is a relatively small French and English speaking secretariat, which values an informal tone, a close collegial spirit, as well as a high level of quality in its work. ETUCE organises a part of its conferences and meetings in countries across the EU, therefore travelling can be expected as part of the assignment.
As an intern at ETUCE it is required that you:
- are following an education programme and have a bachelor/undergraduate degree from a university or are well underway with your university studies;
- possess high level English skills, both orally and in writing, while knowledge of French is welcome;
- have an interest in education and labour market policy, union policy and EU policy;
- are thoroughly versed in EU institutions and work processes;
- have good information and communication skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org