The Supply Department of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels) covers the entire supply chain management at international, regional and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium.
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply Chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites and entities, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply as its European Supply Center in Brussels, and the Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
An evaluation of the OCB supply chain is starting in 2021 and some elements of this Job Profile may change following the conclusions of the evaluation.
The Supply Chain Director has direct managerial responsibility for the Supply Chain Department, as well as the MSF Supply (European Supply Center) and KSU sites, and functional management of the field teams, through the Supply Chain Officers in the cells.
The Department consists of 27 staff organized in 3 main poles. Currently: 1) a Front Office and global network team with the Supply Chain Officers in the operational cells and the technical referents, 2) the Supply Information systems team and 3) the Global Procurement team. MSF Supply, represents a turnover of around 60 million euros with 115 FTEs. On the field, there are around 350 people in the missions and 30 people at the Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) working in the Supply Chain.
The Supply Chain Director reports to the OCB General Director, and his/her key responsibilities include:
· Leading the definition of the medium and long-term vision and strategic objectives of the OCB Supply Chain, to ensure the OCB Supply Chain fulfills its mission for the Operations, through a participative process.
· Accountability for the Supply Chain policies across the whole scope and sites;
· Building a coherent framework to favor collaboration and empowerment, whilst strengthening cohesion within the supply chain community and guaranteeing MSF values;
· Monitoring progress towards achieving the strategic objectives and take the relevant decisions for ensuring adequate contribution of all sites;
· Ensuring the adequacy of resources and support for the teams to perform their objectives, contributing to the overall vision implementation/strategy execution;
· Ensuring the coaching, the supervision, the evaluation of his/her teams as well as ensuring team adhesion;
· Line management of the General manager of MSF Supply (European Supply Center)
· Line management of the General Manager of the KSU site in Nairobi, and chairman of its intersectional platform to define KSU’s strategy and steer its performance;
· Participating in the debates and the definition of the OCB operational and organizational strategies as member of the OCB Committee of Directors;
· Contributing to the intersectional platform with the other Supply Directors of the other Operational Centers and European Supply Centers;
· Being the ambassador of our Supply Chain within and outside the MSF movement, to develop understanding of our strategy and develop our network.
· MSF experience essential
· Minimum of 6 years experience in supply chain management including 3 years in coordination/management position.
· Comprehension and knowledge of integrated supply chain models and information systems
· Capacity building and maintaining a relational network at all levels
· Operational MSF field experience is an advantage
· Fluent French and English, spoken and written
· Excellent communication and diplomatic faculties
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
· Loyalty and engagement
· Strategic vision (as part of medicalized operations)
· Flexibility in working hours and to travel abroad
· Initiative and creativity
· Minimal commitment of 4 years in the position
Please, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and mention “Supply Chain Director” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org