The Renewable Hydrogen Coalition (RHC) is looking for an experienced EU Policy Manager to deliver the RHC’s advocacy and policy objectives, to start as soon as possible on a full-time basis.
The RHC promotes the critical role of renewable hydrogen to deliver the EU’s long-term decarbonisation goals. The Coalition is the voice of a high-level network of leading innovative companies, start-ups, investors, entrepreneurs, and industrial off-takers all dedicated to making Europe the global leader in renewable hydrogen solutions.
Set up by SolarPower Europe, WindEurope and Breakthrough Energy in November last year, the Coalition builds up on the success of the Choose Renewable Hydrogen campaign, which ended up having renewable hydrogen recognised in the European Commission’s EU Hydrogen Strategy as the only sustainable solution. Since its launch, the Coalition has seen the number of its supporters grow, reflecting a vivid interest in renewable hydrogen as an essential solution to fully decarbonise Europe.
You want to be part of the renewable energy revolution? This job is for you!
What are your responsibilities:
The manager will actively contribute to delivering the RHC’s advocacy to achieve the RHC’s mission and objectives. This will entail performing the following tasks, under the supervision of the RHC’s Impact Director and in close cooperation with the founding partners Breakthrough Energy, SolarPower Europe and WindEurope:
- Monitoring and provide strategic advice on policy developments relevant to the European renewable hydrogen industry;
- Representing the Coalition and renewable hydrogen industry’s interests in relevant fora including meetings and external events organised by policymakers, RHC supporters and other stakeholders;
- Support the Impact Director in nurturing a robust RHC impact hub network, engaging with stakeholders active in the field of energy and climate policy, and companies along the hydrogen value chain;
- Developing the RHC’s advocacy content (including position papers, briefings, infographics), contributions to joint positions and amendments to legal texts to shape policies on hydrogen. This also includes drafting policy messages and communication materials (press releases and quotes) to support the RHC’s online and media presence;
- Reinforcing the knowledge base and market intelligence on renewable hydrogen, to support effective advocacy and communication activities;
- Building, strengthening, and maintaining a robust network of policymakers (including EC officials, MEPs, their assistants, and Member States representatives);
- Organising and participating in the RHC’s internal meetings (e.g. Impact Hub, Sherpas, team and founding partners meetings), including setting up meetings, drafting agendas, preparing content etc.;
- Supporting the organisation of the RHC’s events/webinars etc when required/relevant.
- At least five years of experience in shaping climate and energy policy and EU Public Affairs practice, experience in an EU institution is an asset;
- Strategic minded person, driven by making an impact on EU policies;
- Sound understanding of hydrogen related issues (relevant policies, technical issues), EU gas legislation and Renewable Energy legislation;
- Established network of businesses, EU policymakers and stakeholders active in the field of energy and climate policy;
- Proven experience in public speaking and ability to communicate in a professional and executive manner with business leaders;
- Proficiency in English, another language (German notably) is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills including for legal texts;
- Positive and proactive attitude, flexible and adaptable to fast-evolving environment, team-player, sense of humour;
- Based in Brussels and able to work in Belgium.
Why this is a great opportunity
As EU Policy Manager, you will:
- Gain first-hand experience in an industry that is at the forefront of the renewable hydrogen revolution, shaped by European business champions;
- Contribute to shaping the yet to be built EU regulatory framework for hydrogen;
- Join a highly motivated and dynamic international team in the capital of the European Union;
- Benefit from a competitive remuneration package.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English explaining why you would be a good fit for this position by 26 May 2021 to François Paquet ([email protected]) with subject “EU Policy Manager”. Interviews will take place early June with the aim of starting the position as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org