We are currently looking for a Trainee Consultant to join our Sustainability Team. The role includes daily monitoring of various issues (legislative and non-legislative), conducting background research, drafting newsletters and policy briefings and providing overall support to more senior staff members.
We offer a six-month paid internship, with opportunities for long-term contracts afterwards. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of topics and assignments spanning across a unique client portfolio. Our team is delivering services such as monitoring, strategy development, stakeholder mappings, policy audits and issue briefings, social and traditional media relations, trainings and workshops. At Acumen we pride ourselves in our high client retention: this is the outcome of the quality of services we deliver, and the relations we build with our clients. We invite candidates with the following skills and experience to apply for this position:
- EU national or work permit holder;
- Experience gained through previous internship(s) in policy areas related to sustainability (i.e. agriculture, food, transport, energy and environment). Candidates without experience in these sectors will not be considered;
- Perfect command of English; additional language skills an asset (esp. Italian, French);
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes. Strong planning skills;
- Advanced research and writing skills, including the ability to summarise issues quickly and accurately;
- Ability to work in a team, whilst at the same time carrying out own tasks independently and to agreed deadlines;
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment;
- Knowledge of current developments and trends affecting Acumen and its clients’ businesses;
- Proficient with IT and new media tools.
- Previous experience/traineeship in one of the European Institutions;
- Good demonstrated command of social media – experience in organising social media campaigns;
- Experience in media relations – speaking and pitching to journalists, drafting press releases and/ or opinion pieces;
- Understanding of the civil society environment in Brussels.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org